Sensei Baldwin prides himself in sharing his skills with the ambitious youth an adolescents who train at the Rising Star Dojo. He works to teach the purest forms of karate and build the confidence of his students.
Through the years Sensei Baldwin has:
- Been Awarded Instructor of the year (Zane’s Karate and More) 2008
- Earned 3rd Degree Black Belt (Sensei) 2011
- Advanced to rank of 6th Degree Black Belt in August 2016
- Taken classes with 10th Degree Okinawan Karate Grandmaster Kuba Sensei
- Studied with Judo instructors Thomas and Liam O’Shaugnessy
- Trained with Bill “Superfoot” Wallace
- Invited to join the NCMA (National College of Martial Arts) Headed by Grandmaster Lou Angel
- Taught over 7000 martial art classes and over a thousand students
Sensei has trained many local, regional, and national tournament champions. His students have been awarded:
- 1st place weapons Sai and Bo Staff
- 1st and 2nd place Sparring
- 2nd and 3rd place forms
Sensei Baldwin has always been fascinated with martial arts and began his studies of martial arts in 2006 earning his 1st Degree Black Belt in 2008 under Shihan Zane Ward. Sensei was able to advance through the belts with dedicating his time to an average of 28 classes each month in addition to private lessons. After receiving his black belt he became an instructor at Zane's Karate and More in August 2008.
Terry owned three bowling pro-shops and drilled bowling balls for both the men's and women's professional tours. Sensei reached a certification level that only 50 people in the world have achieved in drilling bowling balls.
After realizing how much he loves to train and teach, Sensei opened Rising Star Martial Arts in August of 2011.
Sensei Baldwin owns a successful construction company of 30 years and is completing his fifth and final year at the seminary looking forward to ordination in June of 2020.
Sensei Baldwin was a member of the PBA (Professional Bowlers Association) from 2000 - 2010 bowling two consecutive 300 games and holding a league average of 234. He has also had the honor of caddying for the men and women's tours as well.
Sensei does a great job with my student; we choose Rising Star because Sensei does such a great job with my son who has ADHD.
With the little spare time Sensei has he enjoys making wine and riding motorcycles around the country.